- This event has passed.
2023 4R Symposium
August 31 @ 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
This is the first-ever 4R symposium that will be taking place of the 4R Field Days.
The 4R Symposium will take place at Cecil Community College on August 31, 2023. The event will open its doors at 8:00 AM, with the first speaker at 8:30 AM. Attendees will hear from presenters until lunchtime covering the 4Rs of farming – applying the RIGHT source of nutrients, at the RIGHT time, in the RIGHT place, and at the RIGHT rate. We will offer continuing education credits for Certified Crop Advisers and Mid-Atlantic Nutrient Management.
Presentations – pending
- Dr. Tom Bruulsema, Plant Nutrition Canada – Nitrogen Use Efficiency in Responsible Plant Nutrition
- Eric Rosenbaum, Rosetree Consulting – Splitting your Nitrogen Fertilizer – what the yield results tell us
- Peyton Harper, The Fertilizer Institute – Economic Benefits of 4R Nutrient Stewardship
- Dr. Nicole Forellino and Gene Hahn, University of Maryland – 2023 Research Field Trials
- Dr. Leanna Nigon, The Fertilizer Institute